Suzuki Canada Inc. announced today that, despite the announcement earlier today by its affiliate, American Suzuki Motor Corp., of its decision to focus its operations on the long-term growth of its motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and marine divisions by winding down and discontinuing new automobile sales in the continental U.S., Suzuki Canada has no current plans to discontinue new automobile sales in Canada.
While American Suzuki’s realignment of its operations will be achieved through a restructuring of its operations under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Suzuki Canada is not contemplating any form of court-supervised restructuring in Canada.
“Suzuki’s customers can confidently continue to purchase new vehicles, obtain service, parts and accessories and take full advantage of Suzuki Canada’s warranty program,” said Bill Porter, Senior Vice President, Automobile Sales & Marketing, Suzuki Canada. “Suzuki Canada, including its Automotive Division, remains fully open for business in Canada, and will be honouring all customer commitments.”
“While Suzuki Canada will continue to monitor market conditions in light of the U.S. filing, we have no current plans to change Suzuki Canada’s operations as a result of the events in the U.S.,” Mr. Porter said. “Suzuki Canada remains proud of the upcoming 2013 model year for new automobiles, which will continue uninterrupted as planned”.
Suzuki Canada’s customer service, distribution and supply chain will continue with no disruption:
- Suzuki Canada Customers – The Company’s warranties and other service commitments remain in full effect.
- Suzuki Canada Employees – Employees will continue to report to work as scheduled. Wages and benefits will continue without interruption.
- Suzuki Distribution – Suzuki Canada expects to continue to distribute high quality Suzuki vehicles, parts and accessories into the foreseeable future.
- Suzuki Suppliers – Suzuki Canada’s suppliers will continue to be paid for the delivery of products and services, and supply will continue without interruption.
- Suzuki Dealers – Suzuki Canada expects that its dealers will continue to sell and service Suzuki’s valued customers.